This Sports Nutrition course is a level 3 course which has been designed to help those who take part in regular exercise, sport or training sessions understand what makes a healthy and well-balanced diet. The course explains the nutritional knowledge needed in order to create a diet that will be beneficial towards fitness and performance.
You may be an elite athlete or just enjoy exercising to keep fit. Our online Sports Nutrition course will provide you with sports nutrition advice in order to help you to understand the main nutritional areas and keep your diet well-balanced, healthy and supportive towards the levels of fitness you are seeking to maintain.
Making informed dietary choices will help you to perfect your performance training or fitness regime and aid you to reach goals quicker and more effectively. This course provides all the sports nutrition information you will need to ensure that you can successfully plan your daily fitness diet.
- Fully online course and assessment - no time limits
- Designed by a Qualified Sports Nutritionist
- Full audio Voice Over
- Approximate duration: 6 - 8 hours
- Accredited by CPD
- On completion instructions are given to submit a Certificate Request Form. Once your course has been verified a Certificate is issued via email.
SPORTS NUTRITION COURSE Level 3
AIMS OF THE COURSE
By the end of this course, learners will;
- Understand how to plan a nutritional and well-balanced diet that supports the type of exercise being done.
- Know when to eat and how much to eat in order to get the most out of the diet.
- Understand the importance of carbohydrates, proteins and fats and know where these can be obtained in the diet.
- Understand the importance of maintaining fluids.
- Learn how the body uses food for energy.
- Understand the different dietary requirements of different sports.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material in the form of a set of multiple choice questions. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post within 5 working days. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit. All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years.